Monday, September 22, 2008

Author To Speak at Book Festival


Guest speaker Amy Goodman will present her new book in the Radical Bookfair Pavillion at the Baltimore Book Festival this weekend. In addition to hosting Democracy Now!, she co-authored Standing Up to the Madness: Ordinary Heroes in Extraordinary Times, which details individual stories of community activism and social justice. If Goodman opens the meeting up to questions, I will ask questions about successful strategy for social change. Especially interesting to me will be the age range and reaction of the audience.

Two independent bookstores advertising the fair will have tablers present. I plan to call ahead to Red Emma’s Bookstore Coffeehouse and Atomic Books with a few questions, and of course visit the table exhibits. I will likely quote from the speech and an audience member. Schedules of other guest speakers are posted here. Book and biographical information on Goodman is here.

2 comments:

Dr. Spaulding said...

I have a lot of respect for Amy Goodman's work, and I know this will be a good event. Be sure to talk to a variety of audience members, not just one. Another good source would be someone from Red Emma's, which I'm sure will be represented at this speech.

Dr. Spaulding said...

Came by today looking for the assigned blog post, but couldn't find it. Let me know if you have questions on it.